PINE/STRAWBERRY FUEL REDUCTION, INC.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING MINUTES
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2016
CALL TO ORDER:
President Mike Brandt called the meeting to order at 6:00 P.M.
The meeting was held at the Pine Senior Center Dining Room
Mike led the Pledge of Allegiance
MEMBERS PRESENT: Mike Brandt (President), Melvin Palmer (Vice-President), Janet Brandt, Katie Calderon, Ron Calderon,
MEMBERS ABSENT: Jack Malloy and Nancy Hubbs
APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MEETING MINUTES:
Ron moved to approve the minutes of the August 31, 2016 meeting as presented. Mell seconded.
Janet presented the Treasurer’s Report.
- General Fund $56,030.90
- Fire-On-The-Rim $61,137.03
- Savings $20.888.40
Ron moved to accept Treasurer’s Report as presented. Katie seconded.
- Fire-On-The-Rim Mt. Bike Race Update:
- Janet reported this year’s race was billed as bigger and better than ever…and it was! 291 registered racers which was up by 14. Income $44,000. Expenses $13,000 with a few more bills to come. Right now, profit of $31,000.
- Mike thanked all those volunteers in the room for making this year’s race so successful.
- Janet continued, noting the dinner raised $2,349, same as last year within $1. The Silent auction raised $7,700 up 28%. The Raffle, with Katie at the market every weekend since Memorial Day, raised $8,800 up 42%. Katie thanked all those who volunteered with her. Vendors brought in $1,020 to the race fund up 49%. Janet thanked Sara and Tamara for their work in getting all the vendors this year. T-shirts were sold for the first time which brought in $1,093. The title sponsor, That Brewery, donated $6,676.97 from their sales. The only reduction in income was from sponsors, down about 22% as one of the larger sponsors was not able to participate in time for this year’s race. Ron commented there still may be a chance for their donation and he will know the first of October.
- Other wrap-up reports were given by Barbra Huber on the silent auction, Sara Gerlach on vendors, Windy Quinton on the Kids Camp, Mike Reichling Incident Action Plan and Rick Heffernon Flaggers report.
- Woody Phillips & Alan Levine were thanked for the outstanding photos they took all day. Diane Christiane and Terry Burkhart were thanked for making all the sack lunches this year for the volunteers who were out on the race course.
- Mike gave the venue report. He said Roland Maier was in charge of the venue. Roland and Jim Quinten built the stage in its new location. Roland also supplied all the electrical lines for the venue. Mike complimented Roland along with Tamara and Sara for the revision of the venue and Bill Craig and John Haddock for putting up the fences. He thanked Barbara Brandt who directed traffic for 12 hours straight at the entrance to the camp.
- A member of the audience thanked the organizers of the kid’s race (Payson Mt. Bikers and Michael Bonnette) for their well-organized event. Mike than thanked everyone for doing a “really, really great job”.
- Other comments:
- Looking for a larger place for the camp
- Have a DJ Saturday afternoon instead of a band
- While the Firewise Trailer had around 15 adults go through there were too many kids to count.
ITEMS NOT ON AGENDA FOR DISCUSSION, POSSIBLE ACTION:
- Plastic Grocery Bag Promotion: Mel reported that he found the average plastic printed bag, one color, starts around 35 cents each up to 50-60 cents each. Mel’s recommendation is that they are too expensive for this promotional idea to supply the local markets with plastic bags.
- Projector & Screen: Mike reported that a screen and projector would cost around $200-300. Mel recommended purchasing a good projector and a daylight screen for programs in the Ramada. Mel moved to proceed with the purchase of a projector, screen and speakers with remote mics not to exceed $1,000. Janet seconded.
- Brush Pit Proposal: Mike said the grant is still in grant limbo. He said he will see Supervisor Martin this month about any changes or adjustments that can be made at the brush pit.
- Dedication Plate at the Ramada: Mike said he will have info on that at the next meeting.
SET DATE, TIME, PLACE OF NEXT P/SFR, INC. MEETING:
Wednesday, October 26, 2016; No time or place was indicated.
Ron moved to adjourn. Janet seconded.
Meeting adjourned at 6:55 P.M.
Respectfully submitted by Jack Malloy, P/SFR Secretary
Download 2016 September 28 Meeting Notes (PDF)