PINE/STRAWBERRY FUEL REDUCTION, INC.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING MINUTES
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 28, 2017
CALL TO ORDER: President Mike Brandt called the meeting to order at 6:35 P.M. The meeting was held at the Pine Senior Center Dining Room
MEMBERS PRESENT: Melvin Palmer (Vice-President), Jack Malloy (Secretary), Nancy Hubbs (Treasurer), Katie Calderon, Ron Calderon, Via Phone Mike Brandt (President), Janet Brandt
MEMBERS ABSENT: None
APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MEETING MINUTES:
Ron moved to approve the minutes of the May 31, 2017 meeting as presented. Nancy seconded.
Nancy reported on the following accounts as of June 1, 2017
- Fuel Reduction: Beginning Balance $59,408.88; Deposit $200 (donation); Expenses $667.76 (phone, Firewise Day); High Yield Account $20,891.44; Total Assets $79,832.56
- Fire On The Rim: Beginning Balance $32,513.53; Deposits $5,154.00 (Ponderosa Table); Expenses $9.80 (stamps); Ending Balance $37,657.73
- United Tech 51 Shares: $121.84/Share = $6,213.84
Questions: Mel asked if the stock donations are earmarked for a specific account? Nancy replied Fuel Reduction.
Ron moved to accept Treasurer’s Report as presented. Katie seconded.
- Nancy noted that the person who developed a recent Pine/Strawberry info flyer included all of the P/SFR activity dates as no cost. Nance also reported a donation from SCAF (Senior Citizens Affairs Foundation) in honor of Walt Smith. Also received was a donation of an additional 100 shares of United Technologies stock designated to Fuel Reduction.
- Banner: First off Katie thanked all on the FireWise Day Committee for helping to make the day a success. Katie then gave an update on the Firewise Banner. Jack moved to spend not to exceed $230 for the banner. Ron Seconded. Motion Passed.
- Non-P/S PO Box Mailer Update: Rochelle reported that because of a glitch in the pricing, labeling fee, the cost will be an additional $100 for the labor involved but the cost for the labels and to print them will be waived. Jack moved spend the additional $100 for the labor to put the labels on the card. Nancy Seconded. Motion Passed
- Firewise Sign Replacement: Jack reported that the committee has come up with 23 tips for the signs. Next steps will be to an opportunity to tweak those 23 then pare down to the top 14 tips.
ITEMS NOT ON AGENDA FOR DISCUSSION, POSSIBLE ACTION:
- Runners World Photo: Scott addressed the Board with a suggestion to consider sending in a photo of Pine/Strawberry trails for the magazines Rave Run 2-page photo. Scott said he thought it would be great advertisement for our trails system. After some discussion, Scott said he will look into getting some photo examples and bring them back to the Board for their consideration.
SET DATE, TIME, PLACE OF NEXT P/SFR, INC. MEETING:
Wednesday, July 26, 2017; 6:00 PM; Pine Senior Dining Room. All meetings are set for the last Wednesday of each month.
Nancy moved to adjourn. Katie seconded.
Meeting adjourned at 7:00 P.M.
Respectfully submitted by Jack Malloy, P/SFR Secretary
Download 2017 June 28 Board Notes (PDF)