PINE/STRAWBERRY FUEL REDUCTION, INC.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING MINUTES
WEDNESDAY, JULY 26, 2017
CALL TO ORDER: Vice-President Mel Palmer called the meeting to order at 6:00 P.M. The meeting was held at the Pine Senior Center Dining Room. Mel led the Pledge of Allegiance
MEMBERS PRESENT: Melvin Palmer (Vice-President), Nancy Hubbs (Treasurer), Katie Calderon, Ron Calderon, Mike Brandt (President), Janet Brandt Via Phone
MEMBERS ABSENT: Jack Malloy (Secretary)
APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MEETING MINUTES:
Ron moved to approve the minutes of the June 28, 2017 meeting as presented. Nancy seconded.
Nancy presented the Treasurer’s as of July 25, 2017.
- Fuel Reduction: Beginning Balance $62,020.13; Deposits $190.00 (AMEX donation); Expenses $6,464.19 (phone, mailer, postage Reed burn, brush pit); Ending Balance $55,745.94; High Yield Account $20,891.61; Total Fuel Reduction $76,637.55
- Fire On the Rim: Beginning Balance $37,996.88; Deposits $2,891.00 (Ponderosa table, cc); Expenses $667.09 (T-Shirts, signs); Ending Balance $40,220.79
- United Technologies Stocks: $123.49 x 51 Shares = $6,297.99
Ron moved to accept Treasurer’s Report as presented. Katie seconded.
Nancy reported the usual bills along with the cost of the mailer, the Reed Burn around $4,000 and the brush pit that was approved earlier this year.
- Spaghetti Dinner: Ron reported that the tickets are in the process of being printed. He asked if THAT Brewery had all the equipment needed to prepare the dinner. Janet said she would send an email to get that information.
- Firewise Day Raffle 2 Hour Yard Thinning: Katie reported that Duane Ridl and Chief Morris went to the property whose owner won the raffle. They’ve scheduled August 26th as the day volunteers will spend 2 hours thinning brush on the property starting at 9:00 am. Katie made a pitch for volunteers to help with the project. Mike asked what the cost would be to Fuel Reduction. Mel replied that the work would be done by volunteers and the only cost may be the dump fee.
- P/SFR Mailer: In Jack’s absent, Mel read the following:
“The mailer was picked up from PostNet on Monday ($924.12 printing and address labeling) and dropped at the Pine Post Office ($491.92 postage). Rochelle said there was a delay with the printer that PostNet sent them out to.Appreciate all the work Rochelle did in securing the artwork from the AZ Dept. of Emergency and Military Affairs and the photo by Kari Greer then organizing the mailer. It was mailed to approximately 2,920 Pine/Strawberry property owners who don’t have a P/S post office box.
There are about 70 extras, not labeled, that can be used as needed.”
Katie said she has flyers for anyone who wants one. Nancy described the flyers.
ITEMS NOT ON AGENDA FOR DISCUSSION, POSSIBLE ACTION:
- Banner Wire: Mel reported that the wire and pipe that holds the banners across Hwy 87 needs to be replaced. Once he has the measurements and materials needed Mike said he will contact APS for use of their bucket that has been used in the past.
- Bike Race Survey: Chris Tezloff had questions of the Board regarding the survey, who would do it, and what would be on the survey. The Board asked Chris if she would take that on and at the next Bike Race Meeting the particulars would be worked out.
- Two Sponsors: Mel asked Mike the status of getting two Title Sponsors for the Bike Race. Mike said he will follow up.
- Free Booths at the Bike Race: Sara Gerlach asked about the number of free booths at the bike race. It was decided that Sara should seek out more vendors. At a later time a decision can be made as to the number of spaces there will be available for free booths.
SET DATE, TIME, PLACE OF NEXT P/SFR, INC. MEETING:
Wednesday, August 30, 2017; 6:02 pm; Pine Senior Dining Room. All meetings are set for the last Wednesday of each month.
Katie moved to adjourn. Ron seconded.
Meeting adjourned at 6:20 P.M.
Respectfully submitted by Jack Malloy, P/SFR Secretary
Download 2017 July 26 Meeting Notes (PDF)