When and Where
The next Fire on the Rim is September 18, 2021! Here are the latest updates on all the events.
Interactive map for location of all Fire on the Rim Events (northwest corner of Bradshaw Dr and Old County Road, Pine AZ)
LIVE MUSIC IS BACK THIS YEAR ON THE FIRE ON THE RIM STAGE!
Free camping is available in the Tonto National Forest areas within a short bike ride of the venue. It’s very important to clean up after yourself.
General Schedule of Events
- 4:00 PM Beer Garden Opens
- 6:00 PM Late Registration • Packet pickup / Check in • Live Music
- 8:00 PM Registration Closes
- 6:00 AM Late Registration • Packet pickup/Check in • Food Wagons Open
- 7:15 AM Registration Closes
- 7:30 AM 45 MILE RACE Start
- 7:45 AM 30 MILE RACE Start
- 8:00 AM 15 MILE RACE Start
- 10:00AM Beer Garden Opens
- 11:00 AM Kids Race Registration Opens
- 1:00 PM Awards Ceremony
- 1:00 PM Kids Race Registration Closes
- 2:00 PM Kids Race Start
The Race Course
- The complete course will be marked and open to for pre-rides. Dates will be announced in August.
- Start and finish is on Bradshaw Drive west of Old County Road in Pine, where all the events are happening (see map above).
- A section of the course on top of Strawberry Mountain is private ranch land and will be open ONLY for the pre-ride dates and the race. To ride most of the course at any other time, you can bypass the private land by taking FR 428 (Hardscrabble) all the way to Fossil Creek Rd and turning right into Strawberry. With a map of Strawberry you can pick the course back up at the corner of Fuller & Ralls Rd. You can even backtrack up the mountain from there to the ranch fence to pre-ride the downhill. Otherwise just continue on toward Hwy 87 and head south to the Strawberry Trailhead for the single track.
- Pre-rides are not part of the organized event; it’s an opportunity for individuals to review the race course on their own. Riders assume complete liability for their own safety.
Food and Drink
On Race Day (Saturday) we have a lot of options to satisfy the hunger and thirst for racers and race supporters — see the current list of vendors to see what food you can count on enjoying as you watch the racers.
Our Title Sponsor, THAT Brewery, will sponsor the beer garden again this year.
Be sure to sample the phenomenal local THAT brews on tap, and don’t forget – you can contribute to the Arizona Trail from the comfort of the beer garden just by purchasing an Arizona Trail Ale. A portion of all sales of this beer are donated to the Arizona Trails Association!
Kids Korner (Previously Kids Kamp)
Kids Korner will be available this year during the race on Saturday from 6:30 am to 2 pm! This is an unsupervised area in the barn for you and the little ones to hang out. Games and activities are available but we do ask that you stay with your kiddos.
But Wait! There’s More!
And yes kids and adults, we will be again running the popular Fire on the Rim Kids Race .
The perfect way to end your weekend in Pine/Strawberry is to get in one last ride in the cool forests of the Rim Country. And the perfect ride is to check out the work on the trail system that’s been going on in the Pine Strawberry area.
There’s a new section of the Pine View Trail designed with bikes in mind.
And don’t forget that downhill section of Pine Canyon Trail – it’s CRAZY fun!! This is not an organized ride, it’s ride on your own and explore the trail system the Fire on the Rim supports.