The 10 mile race (formerly 9 mile) will start at Camp Lo Mia and finish on the west side of Hwy 87 at our facility called “the barn.” Finishing at the barn will make the course 9.9 miles long.
All 10 mile runners will receive a technical running shirt or running cap, and a burrito breakfast. The breakfast will be served from 8:00 AM until about 10:30 AM by the Mountain Village Foundation, a local Pine non-profit. In addition, during online registration only, you will be able to purchase discounted vouchers for $15 (regularly $25) for the Friday community spaghetti dinner. See the Event Details page for more information.
You will start deep in the Pine Canyon at Camp Lomia at 5750 feet elevation and climb at an almost constant ascent to 6190 feet in 1.4 miles (6% grade), then descend 150 feet in the next half mile (-6% grade). You will then ascend the next 1.3 miles to the course peak of 6325 feet. You then do a steep descent that quickly becomes gradual for 1.3 miles to 6190 feet. A steeper descent, passing the Goodenough trail junction aid station, will take you to about the 6.6 mile mark and 5525 feet (-6.3% grade). This brings you to the Pineview trail junction and the 2nd aid station (liquid refreshments). Turning onto the Pineview trail, you will ascend to 5800 feet in 1 mile (5% grade), where you will be afforded beautiful views of the valley and surrounding forest. Descending the next .4 miles you will reach the Highline trail junction at a beautiful shaded area next to a creek. You will continue your descent on the Highline trail 1 mile to the Pine Trailhead at 5380 feet. Just before the parking lot the course makes a sharp right onto the interpretive trail. From there it continues 3/4 mile to the finish line at the barn (5320 feet) going under Hwy 87 through a culvert.
The free parking is located off Hwy 87 about a half mile south of the Pine trailhead (.1 mile north of mile marker 266 – look for the event signs). All runners will be bused from the parking area to the starting line in Camp Lo Mia. Please do not try to park at the Pine Trailhead, the barn or try to drive into Camp Lo Mia. Only our busses will be allowed in Camp Lo Mia
There will be a gear drop at the starting line. Attach to your bag the tag with your bib number on it that you will receive when you check-in. There will also be bags available at the registration desk. Your drop bag will be transported to the finish area at the barn.
- Friday May 5th
- 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM Late registration & packet pickup, PSFR Barn, Pine (3180 N. Old County Rd. in Pine – see barn icon on map above)
- 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM Community spaghetti dinner, PSFR Barn
- Race Day – Saturday, May 6th
- 5:30 AM – 7:00 AM: Parking, late registration & packet pickup, parking area (Hwy 87, just N. of mile marker 266 – watch for event signs)
- 6:45 AM: Mandatory prerace brief, near registration at parking area
- 7:00 AM: Start loading buses
- 8:00 AM: First wave start, Camp Lo Mia
- 7:30 AM – 11:30 AM: Bus transportation available between parking area & the barn
- 8:00 AM – 10:30 AM: Burrito breakfast
- 10:00 AM: 10 mile award presentation & door prize drawings at barn
- Medals for all finishers
- Medals for top 3 finishers in each 10 year age group
- Plaques for top 3 female and male overall finishers
- Plaque for top overall age-graded winner
Participation in the Pine Trail Run 10 Miler is open to runners twelve years of age and older and is limited to 150 runners. All participants must cross the finish line in 3.5 hours.
- Register by February 28, 2023: $75
- Register by April 23, 2023: $80
- Register onsite May 5th & May 6th: $85
Online registration closes April 23, 2023. Note: You must register online to be guaranteed a shirt.