Board of Directors Meeting Aug 30 2017

PINE/STRAWBERRY FUEL REDUCTION, INC.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING MINUTEs
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 30, 2017

 

CALL TO ORDER: President Mike Brandt called the meeting to order at 6:03 P.M.  The meeting was held at the Pine Senior Center Dining Room. Jack led the Pledge of Allegiance

MEMBERS PRESENT:       Mike Brandt (President), Melvin Palmer (Vice-President), Jack Malloy (Secretary), Nancy Hubbs (Treasurer), Janet Brandt, Katie Calderon, Ron Calderon,

MEMBERS ABSENT:         None

APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MEETING MINUTES: 

After some discussion, Jack moved to approve the minutes of the July 26, 2017 meeting as amended. Janet seconded.

Motion Passed.

TREASURER’S REPORT:

Nancy presented the Treasurers report. As of August 28, 2017:

  • Fuel Reduction: Beginning Balance $58,402.09; Deposits $260 (AMEX & PayPal Donation); Expenses $1,173.66 (Phone Bill, Insurance); Ending Balance $57,488.43; High Yield Account $20,891.61; Total Assets $78,380.04
  • Fire On The Rim: Beginning Balance $40,691.52; Deposits $4,850.00 (Ponderosa table, cc, sponsors, vendors); Expenses $324.35 (dinner tickets, maps, liquor license; Ending Balance $45,217.17
  • United Technologies: 51 shares at $115.07/share; $5,868.57

Janet moved to accept Treasurer’s Report as presented. Katie seconded.

Motion Passed.

BILLS/CORRESPONDENCE:

  • Nancy reported that a PayPal single donation of $120 was received from Bob Friesenhahan, a new resident to the area.

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

  • Fire-On-The-Rim Bike Race: Mike asked each committee chair for a status report.
  • Firewise Day Brush Pick-Up Raffle: Katie gave a shout out to Duane Ridl for organizing event and those who helped with the pick-up.

OLD BUSINESS:

  • Firewise Sign Ideas: Jack reported 4 of 10 have replied with their top 7 FW sign slogans. He will send another request to the 6 who did not reply.

NEW BUSINESS:

  • Foot Race Proposal: Scott Kehl gave an overview of his proposal for an annual trail foot race starting in Strawberry using Trails 15, 251, 16, Old County Road and ending at the barn off of Old County Rd.

    After much discussion, Janet moved that Scott proceed with additional planning for a trail foot race and report back to the Board. Katie seconded.

    Motion Passed

  • Brush Pits Update: Mike reported he and Mel have scheduled a meeting with Supervisor Tommie Martin, after the Bike Race, to get a handle on the changes being made to the County brush pits now called the Mogollon Valley Pit Program, MVPP. Mike will report back at the September meeting.

ITEMS NOT ON AGENDA FOR DISCUSSION, POSSIBLE ACTION:

  • Chili Cook-off: Katie reported that Patrick Moore, representing the Pine-Strawberry Business Association, asked if P/SFR would be able to help volunteer at their Chili Cook-off and receive a portion of the revenue. After some discussion, there was no decision of the request.
  • Fire Danger Signs: Mike said the P-S Fire Department wants to erect a Fire Danger sign at the north end of Strawberry for those driving south and replace the Fire Danger in Pine for those driving north. They also want to add three smaller Fire Danger signs, one each at the Ponderosa Market, Ramada and the Strawberry Fire Station. P/SFR’s name along with P-S Fire District will be on the signs. The P-S Fire District asked of P/SFR would be able to pay for the signs. Installation and up-keep will be the responsibility of the PSFD. Cost would be $2,555.
  • Ron moved to approve P/SFR spending $2,555 for the cost of the five signs. Nancy Seconded.

    Discussion followed that P/SFR view what the signs look like before purchase and that P/SFR’s name is on the signs, spelled correctly and visible.

    Motion Passed

SET DATE, TIME, PLACE OF NEXT P/SFR, INC. MEETING:

Wednesday, September 27, 2017; 6:00 pm; Pine Senior Dining Room. All meetings are set for the last Wednesday of each month.

ADJOURNMENT:

Nancy moved to adjourn. Katie seconded.

Motion Passed.

Meeting adjourned at 7:43 P.M.

Respectfully submitted by Jack Malloy, P/SFR Secretary

Download 2017 Aug 30 Meeting Notes (PDF)

Leave a Reply