PINE/STRAWBERRY FUEL REDUCTION, INC.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING MINUTES
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 29, 2016
CALL TO ORDER:
President Melvin Palmer called the meeting to order at 6:03 P.M.
The meeting was held at the Pine Senior Center Dining Room
Mel led the Pledge of Allegiance
MEMBERS PRESENT: Melvin Palmer (President), Mike Brandt (Vice-President), Jack Malloy (Secretary), Nancy Hubbs (Treasurer), Janet Brandt, Katie Calderon, Ron Calderon,
MEMBERS ABSENT: None
APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MEETING MINUTES:
Ron moved to approve the minutes of the May 26, 2016 meeting as presented. Janet seconded.
Nancy presented the Treasurer’s Report.
Fuel Reduction: $52,739.17 – $937.05 Expenses + $20,886.91 Reserve Savings Account = $72,687.03
Fire On The Rim: $63,485.00 + $2,700 Bike Raffle Deposit –$17,244.45 Trail Work -~ $16,000 Flagstaff Company doing trail building = $24,940.55
Stock Gift: $5,114.79
Ron moved to accept Treasurer’s Report as presented. Katie seconded.
- Request to delete an Owner from the mailer master list
- Check for $175 from American Express Employee Giving Program
- Mel read a letter from Carol Adams (San Diego) who was saddened to receive notice of discontinuation of brush pick-up program. They do understand why it was discontinued and sorry they are not up here to help.
- Fire On The Rim Mt. Bike Race Update: Katie reported that she has collected $2,910 so far in bike raffle tickets. This 4th holiday she expects to be very busy selling raffle tickets at the Ponderosa Market along with selling 2016 Bike Race t-shirts. Also this year if one purchases $20 worth of raffle tickets they get a race cow bell which has greatly increased the number of $20 purchases. Katie is still looking for volunteers to help sell raffle tickets at the market on Saturdays and Sundays, two shifts each day from 9-noon and from noon-3.
- Efforts to Enlarge/Improve Brush Pit: Mike looked into one type of Air Curtain Burner that would generate electricity. The cost of the machine is $750,000 and would only produce $50/day of electricity. Janet said she has been working on grants that would help pay for the machine. However, the grants are capped at $250,000. There are other Burners that use electricity and Janet is working on a grant that may pay for such a machine.
Katie noted that Janet is looking into signs that say “Do You Have Survivable Space” to be placed around our towns. Janet is waiting for a return call from her inquiry.
ITEMS NOT ON AGENDA FOR DISCUSSION, POSSIBLE ACTION:
- Projectors, Screens, P.A. Systems: Mel said he is looking for help from anyone with knowledge of these before purchasing any of them. It was suggested that Mel contact Mike Reichling who has some expertise in these areas.
- Trails: Mike reported that those working on the section of the Pine Canyon Trail are hoping to be finished this week. The rest of that trail improvement will still need work. Volunteers will now concentrate on the Pine/Strawberry Trail to get it ready for the bike race. Mike is in the process of getting the business community to promote the trails.
- Goats: During a question regarding the upkeep of the fuel break Mike mentioned that using goats to thin areas works better than mechanically thinning. Mike is in the process of trying to get goats at the Girls Camp to thin back what has grown since last thinned.
SET DATE, TIME, PLACE OF NEXT P/SFR, INC. MEETING:
Thursday July 28, 2016; 6:00 PM; Pine Senior Dining Room
ADJOURNMENT: Ron moved to adjourn. Nancy seconded.
Meeting adjourned at 6:26 P.M.
Respectfully submitted by Jack Malloy, P/SFR Secretary
Download 2016 June 29 Meeting Notes (PDF)