Guidelines For The 2015 Pine/Strawberry Fuel Reduction Roadside Brush And Leaf Bag Pick-Up
Download the schedule and guidelines (all residents received a copy in their mailbox).
This program is for do-it-yourself property owners who do not have a truck or trailer to be able to remove thinned brush from their property.
NO CONTRACTORS BRUSH PILES WILL BE PICKED UP.
Only green waste will be picked up- brush, branches, small cut rounds and leaf, cone & needle litter.
NO HOUSEHOLD GARBAGE OR CONSTRUCTION / LUMBER MATERIALS WILL BE PICKED UP
- Brush piles must be kept out of ditches for proper drainage and so culvert pipes don’t clog with debris
- Pile brush parallel to the street and on the street-side of ditches.
- Pine needles must be piled, nor bagged.
- Leaves and pinecones must be bagged. The bag will be emptied and left behind for the owner to discard.
- Branches and small cut rounds cannot exceed 6 feet in length and 4 inches in diameter.
- Work with your neighbors to pile brush and needles in as few piles as possible. Several small brush piles and needle piles are more difficult and time consuming to pick up.
PLEASE ADHERE TO YOUR ZONES LAST DAY TO PUT OUT BRUSH AS THERE WILL BE ONLY ONE BRUSH PICK-UP IN EACH ZONE THIS YEAR.
Once the brush truck passes your property it will not come back.
Your cooperation with these guidelines will assure the success of the program. Again, review the schedule and guidelines printed in the mailer.
Questions? Call our Hotline at 928-970-0713